MEA School Break is Fast Approaching! Just as you think summer finally ended, we're searching for something for the kids to do over MEA... Minnesota Educator Academy, is continuing education for your child's teacher. This means that Minnesota schools are closed Oct. 20-22, 2016.
Drop Off All Day Activities: This is wonderful for parents that need child care!
- School's Out! Day Camp at Camp Magic in St. Paul, MN 9:00am-4:00pm with FREE Before and After Camp Care 7:30am-6:00pm $65 per day, featuring dance, music, yoga, martial arts, cooking, and more... register online now!
- Elite Gymnastics: MEA Day Camp in Burnsville, MN Oct. 19, 20,21 9:00am-4:00pm Full Day or Half Day available.
- Science Museum of MN Camps St. Paul, MN $127 for non-members, $120 for members
- Lifetime Fitness Eagan School Break Camps Members Only
- The WorksSTEM Camps located in Bloomington, MN $77/per day with optional extended care for $7 until 5:00pm
To Do together with your kiddos:
- Goodtimes Park, Indoor Park Eagan MN
- Pump It Up bounce away with Open Jump 1-3pm Oct. 20 & 21 in Eden Prairie
- Forces at Play at the Children's Museum, Prepare to get wet, featuring a child powered car wash
- Skyzone Extended Hours Open Jump, Opens at 11:00am
- Afton Apple Orchard is open 7 days a week, located in Hastings, MN
At Home Projects:
- Make your own Halloween Costume. Get a Jump start on that special costume and make it original with a little imagination and hot glue. Here's some ideas to get you started.
- Bake Something, Click here for some recipes
- Play Outside. Bike ride, walk, or play a ball game. MEA is often one of the last nice weeks before the "S " word hits. Enjoy it now!
- Get Crafty with Pinterest
- Get Reading! Click here for our October/November Book Club Recommendations
Travel with your kids: ideas in case you want to get out of the cities
- Wisconsin Dells, It's not as crowded as you might think. Only MN kids are off of school, sorry WI Kids don't get to enjoy the water parks.
- Duluth, always a beautiful choice with many things to do year round
- Henderson, MN Ney Nature Center is hosting a Stargazing and Stories
event on Oct. 21st
- Grand Marais, MN is always another beautiful go -to place to visit. During MEA, the North House Folk School will be hosting their Family Weekend.
- Fall Colors Drive, check out these "Rainbow Routes"